Quantum InnerQi Healing® is my integrative holistic and therapeutic, approach for your health and wellness needs. Serving local Garland and Dallas County Communities.
My hands on approach, melds and blends into your body therapeutically to help it self regulate, maintain and self correct itself.
I graduated in 1992 from The Institute of Natural Healing Sciences’s (located in Colleyville Texas). and was certified as a Holistic and Advanced Clinical Massage Therapist. 2011 Certification in Advanced CranioSacral Therapy/ SomatoEmotional Release Techniques from the Upledger International Institute, Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
- For years I’ve worked alongside physicians, chiropractors, physical and occupational therapist, helping their patients recovery from pain, tensions, migraines, neck, back on the job injuries, auto accidents and pediatric conditions.
- Now, I am the owner of my own therapeutic practice, located in Garland Texas.
- (Current Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation numbers are Massage Therapist #MT004572, Massage Instructor #MTI2787 & Massage Provider #CE1875).
Some Important Information
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. I do not diagnose, prescribe pharmaceuticals or medically treat. Craniosacral Therapy, is not a Cranial Osteopathic Chiropractic approach, it treats soft-tissue restriction, without any direct manipulation bones.
Disclosers: My Approach, Claude Barrett, LMT, CST known as “Quantum InnerQi Healing” therapeutic practice, is not an alternative, nor a substitute for allopathic medical practices, mentally or physically. My therapeutic practices works best alongside and in conjunction with prescribing healthcare provider’s treatment plan.
- For all your physical or mental concerns it’s highly recommended that you see your doctor and keep he/her or them advised about any changes in your health and wellness needs.
- Ask your medical provider to include Clinical Applications of Massage and CranioSacral Therapy in their treatment plan for you. Any claims about benefits about massage and craniosacral therapy, is related to the on going clinical research, associates and fellowship of the Upledger International Institute. —For more information please go to upledger.com.
- Massage Therapy Contra-Indications: Common contraindications of massage that are often overlooked but shouldn’t be includes: fever, nausea and lethargy. Massage therapy and bodywork treatments should be avoided until a diagnosis has been determined to be safe and beneficial by a physician to rule out infectious diseases, or contraindicated conditions. Contraindications include
Protect massage therapists and practitioners of alternative medicines
Be responsible, know your body and advise those who provide treatments for you of anything that may complicate matters.
- 15 Known Massage Therapy ContraIndications:
- Covid -19
- When you have nausea, or you feel dizzy
- Recent injuries / fractures
- Blood “bleeding” disorders
- When having recent bruises, wounds, rashes or severe sunburns.
- Undiagnosed Migraines
- Active cancer
- Undiagnosed tumor
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Deep vein thrombosis
- High blood pressure/ no vigorous massages
- Under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs
- Undiagnosed pain
What other conditions should I report to my massage therapist?
If you have or have had the following conditions, you need to inform your therapist before your massage treatment starts. Besides, this information is fundamental for the therapist to tailor the treatment according to your needs as some conditions are totally contraindicated and massage could make it worse.
- Resent cough, fever, loss of taste or smell
- Back /spinal problems
- Blood pressure
- Circulatory problems
- Respiratory problems
- Allergies / skin conditions
- If you have herpes
- Resent operations/ injuries/ cut
- Digestive system issues
- Heart conditions and/ or heart monitor
- Thyroid dysfunction
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Contiguous diseases HIV/AIDS.
- If you are pregnant
- CranioSacral Therapy Contra-Indications: CranioSacral Therapy is the safest modality, because it has very few contraindications. There are same contraindications, which would normally mean medical intervention and hospitalization must be your first choose. `Specifically, they are acute intracranial hemorrhage, intracranial aneurysm, recent skull fracture, and herniation of the medulla oblongata – in essence, any physiological condition in which slight changes in intracranial pressure could negatively affect your client. This includes people who have severe bleeding disorder, have a aneurysm diagnosis, or have a history of recent traumatic head injuries, which may include cranial bleeding or skull fractures. If you are recovering from the above mentioned conditions, it is best that you first consult with your physican, to see CranioSacral Therapy is right for you.
What if you have these conditions?
If you suffer from any of these conditions, sometimes your massage therapist will ask you to talk to your doctor, or healthcare provider before booking a massage session. Remember that your medical condition must be stable first, and you have to tell your therapist all your symptoms; this way your massage therapist will create a personalized massage treatment according to your needs because he/she is always focused in making you feel better, and keeping you safe.
It is highly recommended that if you have had any health issues, like infectious disease, recent injuries let your therapist know. They need to know everything about your health such as past and present medical problems; this information can determinate if the massage treatment is suitable for you. Also, this information allows the therapist to make some changes to their approach, and techniques to create a suitable treatment for you. For example, areas with burns, wounds, staples or pins will be avoided.
Other precautions that your therapists needs to know about your present allergies. Some people have skin allergies (to creams, oils, cleansers or disinfectants) or can be allergic to some materials like clothes in sheets or even gloves. In these cases the therapist will need to use different products according to your needs or there are people who prefer to bring their own products.
I hope this information is useful for you. If you need advice or have any questions about my massage or craniosacral practice please me, at 214 232-5278; pm and leave a voice message. You can find me located in Garland, Texas, 75042 communities. No walk in accepted, must consult and book an appointment in advance. Once your appointment has been scheduled, then your will get my address details. I am always happy to help.
If you like this blog, please share!